Saturday, February 13, 2016

Northern Bound

Our souvenir shot from last year- Brian's light painting skill
In less than a week, I'll be heading north to Churchill, Manitoba for more viewing of the aurora and whatever else the north has to offer. Here are two pics from last year- mostly practice so I remember how to create blog posts! I'll arrive in Winnipeg next Friday, spend a day investigating the city, and then I'll board the train to Churchill on Sunday morning. On Tuesday Feb 23rd, I should wake up in Churchill or someplace close.
Churchill Northern Studies Centre- home away from home
Brian has been there for over two weeks, and he has already captured some wonderful aurora shots. Perhaps one will be included here in the near future, along with a link to his blog which he promises to keep up this year.

For me, it is great fun to stay in touch with my family and friends while so far away. Please feel free to share with anyone else who might have an interest in our northern experience. This is my third aurora season being covered in this blog, so if you are new to the blog, check out some of the posts for the past two years to see photos of aurora and the Churchill landscape.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Hon. Hope you are not blog shaming me LOL. Cloudy last night, tonight too it appears. We were "warm" up here at about 0F with a light breeze and gently falling snowflakes - seemed very New Englandish.

    ReplyDelete