Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Sleepless Nights- Northern Lights


My journey continued from Winnipeg to Thompson, and finally to Churchill when the train pulled in to the station around 9 in the morning. I always marvel at what an incredible piece of machinery the train is. I asked a fellow traveler to take my photo in front of it to add some perspective to the size.
Brian has been here for the past 3 weeks, and he has photographed some great auroras during that time. I thought you would enjoy seeing some of my favorites of Brian's many photos.


Lat night, Brian took this photo below of the full moon rising. He has a new lens that evidently transformed the moon into a "star of wonder".
Tonight we had a gorgeous almost full moonrise. I took the camera out for the first time this year after having had a serious review lesson with Brian. All in all, I was pleased with my first photos of the visit. David Marx, if you are reading this, I included the birdhouse just for you!
Brian tells me there is already a hint of aurora in the sky. Can't wait to see what the night will bring!

2 comments:

  1. Are you not travel weary? Such get up and go attitude. Onward.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The train ride helped. Nothing to do but chill for 44 hours. No internet, and I even forgot my deck of cards. So it was reading, puzzles, naps, and conversation with fellow travelers. Plus, I think there is something about the chilly air that cancels out any weariness from travel. So yes, onward! I may just go onward to bed though. We'll see.

      Delete