Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Lure of the North- We're on our way very soon!

Photo from 2016-
I've been pouring over photos from our travels to Churchill during February/March of 2016. Once again, we are returning to the great north, and here are a few photos that make me very excited to be heading back! We'll be in Churchill, Manitoba for the second two weeks of February, and this year we will be joined by our friends the Hallers from Holland, MA. Although we are going for a shorter time, this year we are actually taking the Arctic Skies program. That means no chores to interfere with our aurora activities.

For anyone new to the blog, I've kept this photo journal of our time as volunteers at the Churchill Northern Studies Centre. Churchill sits on the western shore of Hudson Bay at about 58 degrees N. This will be the 4th year keeping the Dancing Lights blog, so please do take a look at some of the best auroras from our time up here. Some of my other favorite photographic moments have been dogsledding, a visit to Hudson Bay, time in the boreal forest, and some beautiful tundra landscapes.
View from the deck at CNSC

Aurora from March 2016- Photo by Brian
May there be many wonderful opportunities for aurora posts this year!


3 comments:

  1. We love your photos and hearing your adventures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. It's so much fun to have a comment from you. It makes me feel connected to all my buddies and my family. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Linda,
    Just came across this in a Facebook post. Beautiful pictures. My daughter is doing research regarding polar bears and we had talked about going to Churchill. I will be sharing this with her. Enjoy the trip and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete